Why Do Some Providers Have To Be So Crappy?
I know it's been a couple of months but I keep thinking about that disastrous visit to the medical clinic in the USA. I will never for the life of me understand behaving in such a horrendous manner to a patient.
I remember her snapping at me that she didn't even know what Combivent was, acting like it was some sort of mysterious garbage, like putting cut red onions in your socks, or practicing voodoo.
Here's the skinny. I was too flabbergasted by her nasty words to formulate a response - so here it is, just later.
Hey lady, I'm sorry you're having a bad day and you picked a profession you're not even slightly emotionally mature enough to navigate like an adult instead of a child with delusions of godhood.
Combivent is Combivent. It's sold under that brand name in both the USA and Costa Rica. I've shown you the box from the German manufacturer with dosing and composition on it. You can easily see it's nebulizer vials. My critical care pulmo put me on nebulizer treatments over inhalers ages ago. It is appropriate treatment for my mast cell asthma. Look in the records, you'll see it there along with the mastocytosis diagnosis. Please call the folks at the medical alert bracelet company I am wearing. They also have my medical records and drug dosing there too!
I've offered you several other substitutions of nebulizer treatments that I can take. Instead you prescribe two. One is the literal generic for Combivent! The other an asthma treatment that it's in my records as something I have had very bad reactions to that is not indicated for folks with my type of asthma.
Read my records there right now!
Stop gaslighting your patients right now!
Remember folks, you can walk out on any doctor that tries to bully or gaslight you. I should have. I will next time. Instead I'm plagued with these idiots messing up the billing to my insurance billing to add injury to insult.
It's a progressive journey for those of us with chronic illnesses to advocate for ourselves in the middle of a breaking down fast medical industry.

Comments
Post a Comment