Traveling Tormento Part Dos
Day two of being home. Crazy anxiety even if the breathing is better and I'm not sneezing and wheezing with each breath.
But at the same time I am having crazy copious amounts of anxiety still and it makes no sense at all. Just mastocytosis I guess. Slept almost none last night. Today I'm trembling and crying for no reason, feeling the sky is falling. I cannot force myself to do many tasks. House is mostly clean, I'm on top of the laundry, and kitchen very clean. Stinky is at my side every single moment. I have him in my arms pressing against my body like he's wet underwear. Guessing he feels my anxiety.
Clearly I got home in one piece, even as I was doubting it. The airline kept emailing me referencing bad weather. Kept Googling it and saw it was likely a day or so after I was scheduled to fly. Still told airline I was flexible. The night before I was scheduled to leave they scrubbed my original flight and put me on one leaving my favored airport two hours earlier than the other. I flew. Sadly the new plane was smaller with no open seats in business class. My seat was downgraded, but I wasn't upset. My seat mates were nice, one of them a beautifully dressed lady whose story I wondered about. Spent most of the flight talking to her.
Changed planes in Miami, was supposed to have a nearly two hour window. That was horribly niggled away by something I'd not considered, that Miami was slammed with wheelchair assists. They picked me up at the gate in a large golf cart. I heard a frustrated sounding gate agent calling for anyone free because one incoming flight had 15, count 'em, 15 wheelchair requests. So I got a lengthy tour of the airport, we went all over the place, picking up and dropping off. They dropped me off six minutes before my gate started boarding. The sheer annoyance was that there were beaucoup "gate lice" What are gate lice? Folks that stand around either blocking the gate, or trying to board when they're not supposed to. One of the them was someone who was demanding early boarding for non specific issues. She was hideous obnoxious about it. Miami was so swamped that all of us mobility challenged folks ended up walking the gangway. I mean, I can do that but I'm slow and wobbly, but it was copacetic.
Again on this flight I didn't sleep, which I really needed as I'd only gotten 2.5 hours the night before. Why? The lady next to me talked and talked and talked, not to me but to all her teacher friends seated nearby oh so loudly. Now I know intimately why she hates teaching and stupid she thinks all the parents are! Ooops! She should not be teaching she was filled with so much manufactured drama and nasty over the job, her coworkers, and everyone else. No sleep. Just a lot of playing the silly game I have on my Ipad.
Landing in Liberia I was freaked out to see we weren't getting a real gate or jet bridge, just the metal outdoor thing. Luckily they used the ramp, not the stair. I attempted to walk down, they saw how incredibly wobbly I was and came with the chair to fetch me about halfway down with everyone behind me grumbling. This is why I didn't even attempt to deplane until the plane was mostly empty.
Once I got home Stinky was all over me, we took a nap for 3 hours, I got up 2 hours before taking to the bed for the rest of the night. Too bad I couldn't sleep last night, missing sleep sometimes drives this thing. It's driving the effing bus right now, even as I'm well, I'm safe, and have unpacked. Trying to avoid going to the doctor over mere anxiety because the new clinic has never treated someone with mastocytosis before. Hoping my mood settles down and the anxiety flees. We are having high Sahara dust waves right now and that trashes me every single time.

Comments
Post a Comment