Traveling Tormenta

 

Life is making just about as much sense as a chicken in a pot being borne along the sea by the waters.

In the good old USA right now and likely to be here for some weeks. On vacation but soon heading down to Louisiana to go to closing on Mom's house. Ah, and as I was typing this I got word from the real estate agent about a home cleaning and estate sale service that can help out. Now no need for me to go at all! So I've bought my plane fare back, not first class sadly enough, but business will do this time. When I fly alone I buy the ticket that is the most reasonable combined with the lowest hassle. Being disabled some places do better with disabilities and some airports are best. Some day soon I'll break it down here. I've tried many options on the East Coast.

Ever since I got here I've struggled mightily with my mast cell. I cannot breathe! Between the massive smoke influx, general late July/early August pollution I'm struggling to exist right now. I'm having a lot of generalized anxiety on top of that. I think it's from the provoked immune system. I tend to do and say stupid things when I'm in that mind space, and boy have I been filled with a capacious buttload of stupid behavior.

It doesn't help that I feel seriously out of step with the entire culture and mindset here in the United States. I feel like a stranger in a strange land, I no longer "fit" here if that makes any sense. The culture is so different than my usual day to day in Costa Rica. I was going to stay a week longer because Rincon de la Vieja has belched, but I'm braving the volcanic fumes because of how sick I've gotten. Taking more prescriptions daily that Fleetwood Mac downed in a day in the 1970s. I hate it.

But that's okay. I'm going home now. Bought a beautiful little tray at an antique shop that reads "There's no place like home" Truer words have never been spoken. I miss it too much. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Years of Living Too Dangerously

Spoonless in Louisiana

Dumbass Dances With Doctor X