More Ups and Downs

 

I love this lady. Every time I see sweet her face I hear her voice proclaiming "Lord Jesus, it's a fire!" and I hope life is treating her kindly, at least more kindly than I am treating myself.

Been shaking since night before last because we had an earthquake. A rattling, rumbling, up, down and sideways shake at 9:01 pm on Tuesday night. It was above a 5. on the scale, some grade it a 5.3 and some a 5.1. Who knows? Right as I was standing nekkid as hell in the shower sleepily clutching a bar of soap. Do not recommend with my balance. Thankfully on the recommendation of my doctor and physical therapist I put a nice large teak bench in the back of the shower. I rarely use it, I can balance okay on a non slip rubber mat. Not Tuesday night, it was drop the soap, assume the position, and clutch the bench while shrieking at the husband in the next room. No damage here even if we were a mere 13vkilometers from the epicenter. Just my nerves.

I've been sort of loopy since, just chugging along doing what I must do. Today I was both super stupid and good. I ran out early on to grab cat treats at the vet, get a prescription filled, and pick up a few fruits and veggies over at the fruit market. The pharmacy filled one of my pills at 5mg. I've been taking 500mg for over ten years except for the last few days before I discovered the error, so I'm not quite normal from that, terrible headache and just general goofiness. So goofy I walked out of the house without my cane, and violated the local traffic laws. Discovered when I went to pick up the prescription that my drivers license expired ten days ago. Oopsy! 

Normally I would have been frightened to take on so many places with no cane. The shopping center closed off half the parking lot to repaint so I was lucky to even get a space. I walked just fine, didn't fall over or lose my balance at all even if the places I  had to go were all at three different edges of the shopping center. Until the very end where I, surprise surprise, wore out.

Then I got home just in time to discover my blood pressure had fallen into my shoes and my oxygen levels had tanked with it. Spent the afternoon in my chair in the living room working on a fiber arts project that took no thinking just muscle memory before I decided to do the daily running of the Roomba, I'd gotten the full list done before my traipsing unbalanced everywhere. I noticed the Roomba smelled weird. My silly cat peed on it! I swear I am just completely done with odd for the rest of the week. It's been too absolutely chaotic from here. Odd does not work well with mast cell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Years of Living Too Dangerously

Spoonless in Louisiana

Dumbass Dances With Doctor X