When Rest is Strategy
I am laid out, exhausted tired, worn out, beaten, and exhausterated! Two days ago I flew in from Washington, D.C. and boy are my arms tired.
The trip from D.C. went by perfectly fine. Lots of very kind people crossed my path, which was odd because mostly I see the unwashed hateful masses acting like the Ugly American stereotype. Occasionally I get great seat mates. I did this time. which was fine except that much conversation is exhausting when I have no energy left. I had to take a nap. Flying is terrible on my oxygen levels. They tank every time I fly. I was flying with zero spoons or energy left after the month I had first readying Mom's house for sale before driving up to see my kids. Nothing left by the end.
Now I'm back home in Costa Rica having to zealously guard my health. Yesterday and today that means I could do a few things like unpack suitcases and start laundry before my energy levels / o2 stats / blood pressure tanked around 3 pm and it was toes up in the bed.
Rest is a solid strategy for dealing with the constantly shifting symptoms of mast cell. I do what I can before collapsing in the bed for the afternoon to read about cannibalism on the high seas. I was on a banned books marathon until I found a fascinating book on ethics of sailing the high seas in previous generations.
I must nip this ex.haustion in the bud. I have a huge pile of new art supplies I'm eager to use. But first cleaning like a turtle. Downloaded a list of cleaning for the week you can do in this state. Love that includes using things like Roombas and Swiffers!

Comments
Post a Comment