The Mellow Tonin'
Still here in Bumblefuck, Louisiana in the haunted doll manse. I'd thought I could relax and paint today but alas I have to clean the joint so that the realtor can take photos tomorrow and list the house on Monday. I'll probably be at a nine on the art pain scale by the time I finish. My paintings may be heckin' weirdorama.
You may not do this, but I do - I follow a pile of doctors that treat MCAS. I don't have that permutation. They have renamed what I have to systemic mastocytosis. It's the weird intense cousin of MCAS. But there is frequently something of value that can be gleaned from MCAS doctors. Yesterday I finally had the freakin' light bulb go off over my head when one of the doctors talked about something apparently many MCAS and others do. Feel better at night and stay the heck up all night long.
If I'm not in the bed by about 9 pm or 9:30 pm, washed, brushed, drugged with book in hand, I'm up all night. This has turned into a significant problem for me. I assumed it had to do more with the fact that most asthma drugs are amphetamines in disguise. Apparently the melatonin in your body is a mast cell regulator that turns them off, hence you feel better, you feel so much better than you stay up all night and have to pay the piper physically the next day as you're crawling about.
Just went to CVS and bought a bottle of those supplements. My plan is to take one in the very late afternoon and go from there. I'll let you know if it helps. All I know is once that point in the evening happens I feel so much better.

Comments
Post a Comment