\\ It started simply. I was born, I was born in the shadow of the main Exxon refinery in South Louisiana and was diagnosed with severe asthma. I don't remember a time when I wasn't getting inhalers and drugs. Eventually I outgrew it when I reached my teens. Just about the same time I started smoking marijuana at quantities more appropriate for a Rastafarian or your average Grateful Dead fan. How I made it through my studies I will never know, made pretty decent grades back then too. Which started a blissful 20 year stretch with no asthma. I thought I'd beaten the final boss. Won the gold ring. Got boinked on the head by the lucky flying pickle of fate. Right up until my last baby was a year old. Mr. Asthma came roaring back suddenly. I didn't get it, it seemed beyond understanding. I didn't smoke. I hadn't fooled with illicit drugs or the Devil's Lettuce in most of those years. Heck, I didn't drink more than the occasional glass of wine, or eggnog durin...
I am in small town bumblefuck Louisiana and I am out of spoons. Angry stupid neighbors. Oodles of possessions I do not want. We've been gutting Mom's house of her possessions and between the stirred up dust from going through the boxes in the dining room, and having to bag up her clothing for the thrift shop I am so freaking exhausted. Plus very asthmatic. Running out of drugs I'll need to go to urgent care I guess seeking refills. What I really need is a few days rest in bed, but it's not happening. As soon as the house is listed we're leaving for the kids house, driving Mom's car to my daughter, rolling up 95 stopping here and there. I hope I survive this trip and the house sale.
Yesterday was a disaster! I went to the clinic in Maryland I visit when here. I'd had a bizarre accident a few days before and wanted to make sure I had not broken a rib. Had lumps beneath the fascia of my body without bruises on the skin level. Quite painful. I had also run low on my meds, the pharmacopeia gumbo I take for both routine things and the stuff involving mast cell. I was only out of one of the mastie drugs but very low on metformin, blood pressure meds and Lyrica. So I took myself off to this place. Huge. Fucking. Mistake! I didn't get the usual doctor, a decent guy that knows I live in Costa Rica and sometimes run low on essentials. Most of the time when I'm zipping in there it is for a sinus or a bladder infection. Instead I got the sourest Indian female doctor. My blood pressure was borderline high when checking in, and the nurse said they'd have to keep retaking it to figure out if it was a glitch. Sadly it only went higher with every moment! Never ha...
Comments
Post a Comment